Despite a year filled with uncertainty, alumni and friends of Lindenwood University made clear their commitment to student success by donating nearly $2 million during the 2021 fiscal year.
The $1.98 million raised represents a four percent increase over fiscal year 2020. The roughly $100,000 increase in gifts sharply corrected a three-year decline in philanthropic giving.
“I am continually impressed by the generosity of our donors and the strong connection they feel to this great university,” President John R. Porter said. “I know I speak for our students when I say how grateful I am as every gift makes a difference in the classroom, the research lab or the playing field.”
More than 1,500 donors made a gift in fiscal year 2021 with an average gift size of $1,272, an over $300 increase from the previous year. Some other highlights included:
- A $287,000 gift from the estate of Bettie B. Wimberley in support of Lindenwood’s soon-to-be-announced New Horizons Initiative, impacting multiple colleges and departments on campus.
- A nearly 10 percent increase in gifts to the university’s unrestricted annual fund, the most fundamental way to impact Lindenwood student-success.
- Gifts to Lindenwood’s general scholarship fund increased by 56 percent.
- Two new initiatives, Lions’ Relief focusing on COVID-19 relief efforts and LindenGiving, a new fund to support Lindenwood’s community outreach brought in over $50,000 in their first year.
- Spring Giving Week raised $33,472 and surpassed its goal by 34 percent.
While this past year was a successful one thanks to Lindenwood donors, Lindenwood University and its advancement team is committed to ensuring that the University continues to build off this momentum.
“Our team has a vision of inspiring a new era of giving at Lindenwood University,” Assistant Vice President for Advancement Brian Brunner said. “This begins with a concerted effort from our team to get out and hear the stories of our proud alums and let them know just how much their alma mater values them.”
As the new fiscal year begins, we want to thank every donor for their generous support of Lindenwood University. Please be on the lookout for some exciting new programs in the near future designed to honor and steward our generous supporters of all levels.
“This university is positioned to do some great things in the years ahead and I know our team is honored to invite the Lindenwood family to collectively help shape that future,” Brunner said.